Devall Towing received it modest start in the inland marine industry in 1952. In 1952 our main business was the movement and care of inland rig for the Texas Company (Texaco) in the Calcasieu Lake Area. Since then Devall and all its subsidiaries have concentrated its efforts to become an effective and superior supplier of chemical transportation for Companies such as PPG, DuPont, Invista, CITGO, Monsanto and First Chemical Corporation of Mississippi. A brief timeline:
1952: Devall Towing is formed by an acquisition of two vessels in Hackberry, La
1968: Devall Towing awarded its first long haul towage for PPG Industry Chlorine Gas & Caustic products
1969: Devall Towing joins American Waterways Operators (AWO) one of the founding members
1972: Devall establishes the first of its two fleeting areas on the ICWW and the Calcasieu River ĘC which today can house a maximum number of 175 barges.
1973: Devall Towing begins hauling Ammonia, Adiponitrile, Cyclohexane, Acrylonitrile, Aniline and various other products for EI DuPont on a long term contract basis.
1980: Devall joins the GICA in it efforts to maintain the inland waterways.
1980: Devall revolutionizes the marine industry by being the first to carry Liquefied Gas and Dangerous Liquid Tankerman aboard their vessels to provide quicker services. We were the first company to put tankerman on our vessels.
1994: Devall firm develops a diesel repair and sales business (Devall Diesel Services) working on inland marine vessels and barges
1999: Certified in AWO Responsible Carrier Program
1999: Devall begins hauling Hexamethyldiamine (HMD) via inland barge through it specialized equipment eliminating lost cargo through rail cars
2000: Devall become a member of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) and is an active member in their Responsible Care Program
2009: Devall takes delivery of its first six pound class barg Environment, to haul high vapor pressure Cargoes
2009: Devall begins construction of its 30,000 square footdiesel repair location in Sulphur, La.